Every day we have to use toothbrushes at least twice but don’t pay attention to cleaning them. When there are signs of yellowing and stains, the brushes may contain bacteria that cause infections or dental diseases such as tooth decay, gingivitis, and bad breath. According to Boldsky, in order to avoid falling into this dangerous situation, it is needed to clean the brushes regularly.
|Yellow brushes can contain many bacteria.|
A very necessary step is when you just buy a new brush, you should wash the brush with soap and hot water before use. In addition, before and after each use to brush your teeth, you should wash the brush with hot water for a few seconds.
How to clean the brush periodically
– One of the best ways to maintain an uncontaminated toothbrush is to soak it in a glass of water mixed with one tablespoon of old oxygen for 30 seconds. Mouthwash containing alcohol can also be used to replace old oxygen. After that, you should wash the brush with hot water.
|Stand the brushes vertically after use.|
– You should soak the brush in diluted apple cider vinegar. Vinegar will kill almost all bacteria and pathogens.
– Just boiled water is also used to clean the brush. It’s very simple, you should soak the brush in a cup of hot water for 3-5 minutes.
– You can clean your toothbrush periodically with a dishwasher. This can also remove unwanted germs and pathogens. It is to be noted that when doing it, place the brush on the top position to avoid overheating in the machine that can make plastic melting.
How to keep the brush clean
– When brushing, do not place the brush in horizontal position. Instead, you can stand them up so that the water can run out, avoiding the dampness of the bristles.
– Remember always to put the brush in a cool place, avoid contact with other people’s toothbrushes.
– Clean the toothbrush periodically once a week, replace the brush after 3-4 months of use.